Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tina (Five of Five)

Took me a few days to get the pics developed. I called Tina at home, met her there while Zeke was knocking back cold ones.

I walk in her place, and it smelled real sweet. Reminded me of cornflowers [Again with the tattoo. This had better not be his method of teaching me some absurd lesson about detection or induction. Besides, I thought we were friends. -Dara]. She sniffs me and steps back, says something about how at least I've been working. I showered, but I guess it takes a while to get that stink out. Scratched my hair, sniffed my fingers to make sure that wasn't it.

I hand her the photo envelope. Tina starts going through them, sniffing her hands after she touches each one. She sits down, shaking her head. Keeps asking herself how it happened, keeps wrinkling her pretty little nose. Came together then, all of a sudden. She couldn't stand being next to me, and I showered. Zeke musta smelled like a trash heap when he came home.

I probably shouldn'ta drunk to celebrate before I went over. I told her that maybe he'd stop if she let him get close. That mouse roared like a lion. She came at me punching and kicking and clawing and cursing. I fell into a defensive stance, but it was just a dame, five foot nothing. I just blocked her and backed up towards the front door.

We crossed into the living room, and she picked up the lamp snake quick. I couldn't do nothing except raise my left hand when she threw it. Bam, right on my arm. I ran. She was mad. Had every right.

I drove like the dickens. My watch was busted like a trifecta on three lame horses. 4:13 in the afternoon [Just as it reads today. He still wears it. I have never seen him remove it. I am really beginning to think that he was married at some point, and this may have been a gift. For now, until I know better, I have to assume her name is Joan. What happened to Joan? What happened to Joan and Trace? -Dara]

I called Tina to apologize. She said she was OK, but when I wanted to talk to her in person, she whispered at me to stay away and hung up. You know how you gotta beat mules before they learn their lesson? That's me. Took me a long time to not drink until everything was completely done, or at least only drink when it helps the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment