Wednesday, March 30, 2011

George (Nineteen)

I watched what Dara saw while she left. Funny how much more boring it was watching when it wasn't you. Then she got to the ground floor, stood in front of the woman's bathroom, tapped the button twice and told me to close the laptop. I did.
Dara came out to the car 20 minutes later, so I figure she was probably in the bathroom about 10 [Trace, thank you so much for all these details. Why did you feel it necessary to mention how long I was in the bathroom? -Dara]. We called up George, asked if he knew Viktor. He paused a while, said he didn't, but it was one of them real pauses, not a fake pause where his voice changed. I asked him to think harder, but nothing was coming up. Said he knew a Vik Chenmar, they lost touch. We told George that it seemed like this guy was behind it, but we wanted to make sure.
Dara drove, tried to teach me how to use the internets to do an internets search. Didn't work so well [Somehow, Trace managed to delete every shortcut on my desktop and erase every saved bookmark on my browser. -Dara].
Figured that Viktor was just as hard to find as anyone, covered his tracks real well. Figured we'd have to trail him a while. We went back to the building, into the garage, drove around to see if maybe we could find his car.
Wasn't hard to find it, the one sleek as a camera flash. Just parked a bit away and waited. When he came down and started driving, he tore away like the devil was chasing him. Bunch of twists and turns till it ended up at a church out in the country. Stayed about an hour, then he got out and left. Told Dara to chase after him, while I went inside. Had to talk to the almighty anyways.
[Viktor stopped at Pearlescent for dinner, ordering a wedge salad. I just kept getting water and breadsticks, pretending my date stood me up. Not that anyone would really believe it, but the waiter gave me his number just in case. At one point, Viktor pointed outside and passed a few dollar bills to the waiter. Later on, his waiter handed a vagrant two plastic bags, sagging at the handles, packed full of food.
When he left, he drove off to his penthouse apartment building. Try as I might, I couldn't find a way past the front doorman. At this point, any possible answers were up to Trace to find. -Dara]

No comments:

Post a Comment