Monday, March 15, 2010

Evan (Seven of Ten)

One thing I can't stand is dames making a big fuss over nothing. I came in the office, and Dara flips out. It's a black eye, it only hurts when someone touches it, like she did. Told her to stop touching it, I got it under control. I would say dames need a black eye so they can understand it only hurts when someone touches it, but that's just gonna end bad. [Trace is not advocating abusing women. We had a discussion. -Dara]

She's saying I should let Billy look at it, but what's that gonna solve? I never had a permanent black eye, nothing's broke except my pride. On the other hand, he sees this, he's gonna wonder what we do, I might be out one secretary. I don't wanna learn how to use a computer, I can't hire some random dame.

Poured myself a double shot of bourbon, and we compared notes. She handed me a coffee. I poured the bourbon in, then poured another shot in my shot glass. Dara extended her pinky while she sipped from her cup. Turned out Jess was actually the mistress of Vito “Marbles” Rivano, head of the Rivano family. This put it on the Devarises, probably one of their contract killers. Tensions were high the past few weeks, probably cause nothing else was going on.

The Devarises weren't taking responsibility, flat out denied it. I hadn't read anything in the paper. I asked Dara how she found out, and she said “MySpace”. I figured it was more of the internets. On the other hand, the Rivanos were shooting mad. Turned out they'd been hiring slobs left and right to find the killer, including this slob right here.

I told her that Mickey saw a guy in all black, wearing cowboy boots, drive up and dump the body, wrapped in a carpet. It was around three in the morning. The guy was thin, tall, forgettable in the daylight. Just what you want from a contract killer, except for the carpet and cowboy boots. I sipped the coffee. Tasted awful with the bourbon, but I was already warming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment